“The important thing is this: to be ready at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become.” – Charles Dubois
Sign up for Primavita’s monthly acupuncture newsletter – full of great articles and tips for abundant health!
- A great resource for those living dairy and gluten-free! Has a nice link to substitutions and recipes to enjoy life again. Published 6x/year, they also offer a free weekly newsletter.
- Where you can find all the gluten-free products you’ve been looking for!
- A non-profit organization that supports individuals with gluten intolerances including celiac disease, dermatitis herpetiformis, and other gluten sensitivities in order to lead healthy lives.
- A wonderful resource for those newly diagnosed as well as well as those who have been living gluten-free for a while.
- A wealth of articles on all things related to allergies. Please see Botanical Food Family List for a great reference tool to see if you may have allergies/sensitivities to a certain food family.
- A handy list of substitutions for dairy, egg, wheat flour for those meaning to avoid these allergens.
- A non-profit organization in the State of Washington whose members include builders and other associates that provide sustainable housing.
- It also includes information for consumers to learn about environmentally friendly building practices for remodeling and new home construction.
- A coupon and resource book for environmentally friendly and healthy choices in the Puget Sound area (see website for Boulder/Denver, Eastbay, Portland, Silicon Valley/Santa Cruz, or Twin Cities ecometro books).
- Contains tips and coupons for discounted services or free items.
- Priced at $20, it will more than pay for itself with the grocery coupons, restaurant discounts, other business discounts (pet food, travel and recreation, yard and garden) and food items.
- See your local health food retailer for your copy (Whole Foods, PCC, Bastyr Clinic Dispensary, Bastyr bookstore, Pharmaca, or your local health food store).
- Check out the website to find if the Green Festival will be coming to your city! A great mix of food manufacturers, small business owners, and companies that are dedicated to sustainable business practices.
- Eco-friendly printing for all your needs! Consider Earth friendly inks and quality recycled paper products and Mother Earth will thank you!
- Financial health is an important aspect to wellness. Join Rev. Karen at the Money Keys to learn how to develop a win-win attitude of abundance for finances. Practical tips along with inspired teachings, learn to embrace financial abundance!
- A great resource to find a local acupuncturist! This website has a great question and answer section, a brief history on acupuncture, info on Chinese medicine as well as training and licensing requirements for acupuncturists in each state.
- A comprehensive natural medicine school with graduate and undergraduate degrees in naturopathic medicine, acupuncture and oriental medicine, nutrition, exercise science, psychology and herbal medicine.
- This is my alma mater and it is located in St. Edwards State Park in Northern Seattle.
- Home of a large herb garden and a reflexology path!
- Renowned for their chapel where several soundtracks were recorded because of the excellent acoustics.
- Host of the Annual Bastyr Herb Fair – family fun, workshops, herb walks, herbal products, and more during the first weekend in June!
- A non-profit organization that uses the power of public information to protect public health and the environment.
- Extensive information, research, and news feeds for the home, health, farming, environmental health concerns, chemicals to be aware of, cosmetic safety database and more.
- Please consider supporting their organization with a donation to help them continue to provide this valuable resource while advocating to protect our health and the environment.
- I am an independent consultant with Nikken, a total wellness company focused on the 5 pillars of health (healthy body, healthy mind, healthy family, healthy finances, healthy communities).
- I chose to partner with this 35 year old wellness company because of their incredible products, integrity, vision and commitment to health and wellness based on nature’s wisdom (infrared and magnetic technology, water system, sleep system, whole foods nutritional line).
- A wallet guide to the 12 most contaminated fruits and vegetables – buy these organic as much as possible!
- Address: 16131 271st Pl NE, Duvall, WA 98019
- Phone: 425-868-2332, Please call to make an appointment according to the hours on the web.
- A wonderful raw food co-op run by Tom and Susan in Redmond. Their store contains bulk raw organic foods, books, dehydrators, Vitamixers, juicers, nut cheeses, kale chips, and whole food supplements.
- These individuals are passionate about raw foods, permaculture and leaving a small footprint behind on our Mother Earth.
- I highly recommend one to spend a day exploring their store, hang out with Tom and Susan or take a class on permaculture or spirituality. They are ready to help people embrace incorporating more raw foods into your life whether it is simple meals and snacks to completely switching over.
- Buy local fresh organic produce, fresh flowers, and craft items from local farmers and businesses in the Greater Puget Sound.
- Check out the website for the market closest to you – different neighborhoods have different days for their markets.
- Great site for nutritional content, best food sources of vitamins and minerals, delicious recipes, helpful tips on how to select, prepare, and store veggies and fruit.
- There is a book of the same title that is indispensable for your kitchen and library!
Banish these 12 toxic chemicals from your life
- A good overview of nutritional supplements for conditions, monographs, and reviews of literature from a natural medicine viewpoint. It is affiliated with Thorne Research, a professional brand of supplements.
- A great resource for health conditions, herbal info, homeopathy and more.
- For biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals and online books.
- A large study focused on the relationship between diet and the risk of developing a disease.
- This study accounted for dietary, lifestyle and disease characteristics of populations within several counties in China over several years. Fascinating and intriguing results were discovered through this China-Cornell-Oxford Project.
- Weekly updated research summaries.
- An institute that advocates for eating unprocessed foods, raw vegetables and fruits, addressing dietary and lifestyle factors and empowering the patient.
- For facts and information about cancer from the US National Institutes of Health
- This website offers the most comprehensive and current information on asbestos exposure and a complete list of mesothelioma statistics. Acupuncture has been linked to alleviating the nausea associated with chemotherapy and the pain incurred from the constant surgeries that cancer patients undergo.
- The National Association for Naturopathic Doctors in the US who graduated from a 4-year accredited didactic and clinical training program.
- A great resource to find an ND in your area, learn about naturopathic medicine, licensure and our philosophy.
- The Washington State professional organization for naturopathic physicians.
- A great resource to learn about naturopathic medicine, review the frequently asked questions, learn about licensing requirements in the state and find a local ND.
- The NCCAOM is national board that certifies acupuncture and oriental medicine practitioners. State by state, there are varying laws regarding licensing however most states require practitioners to pass the NCCAOM boards for licensure.
- Sri Chinmoy was an artist, musician, poet, and spiritual teacher who lectured and offered free concerts for all who were interested. I enjoy visiting Silent Heart Nest in Fremont, a vegetarian restaurant operated by his organization. On the tables, there are aphorisms that customers are allowed to take home as a gift. I thought it was a great tool for introspection for my practice. At the end of an office visit, I offer aphorisms as a gift for reflection and encouragement to my patients.
Attitude is Everything:
What would you like to do next? Click one of the links below:
|Looking for a Natural Solution||Find out how we can help you|
|What to do next||Make an appointment|