Courses, Lectures, and Announcements:
- Visceral Manipulation, Listening Techniques 1 with Ron Mariotti, ND, Barral Institute, Seattle, WA – Dr. Shinsato enjoyed learning Osteopathic Techniques to better assess and treat patients with complex musculoskeletal injuries. Techniques included advanced manipulation for sacral and coccyx dysfunctions, cranium releases and identification of restrictions in the body that may be unable to be viewed with standard imaging techniques yet may be felt through fascial restrictions and tension lines in the body.
- Visceral Manipulation, Abdomen 2 with Lisa Polec, DC, Barral Institute, Seattle, WA – Dr. Shinsato enjoyed learning advanced Osteopathic techniques to release the intestines, spleen, kidneys, pancreas, duodenum, and liver. She continually practices and learns new techniques to better support her patients.
- Healthy Aging with Dr. Dan Murphy, DC, Erchonia Seminar, Seattle, WA – Dr. Shinsato learned new research and supportive protocols for the body with functional muscle testing and current laser techniques. Low level laser therapy has been a rewarding addition to her practice as it speeds healing, enables the brain and nervous system to communicate better, and decreases inflammation and pain.
- Presentation of Food Intolerance and Sensitivities, Webinar – Oct ’16 – Dr. Shinsato presented a webinar on food intolerance and sensitivities and how one can learn the differences and become more aware of how their body may negatively react to certain foods.
- Natural Support For Lyme Disease, Viruses & Vaccines, Mikhael Adams, ND, Vancouver, BC – Dr. Shinsato loves learning about European Biological Drainage Therapy as it is an amazing way to help people deal with the toxic body burden from exposure to plastics, pesticides, artificial flavorings, herbicides, and chemicals. It is a foundational piece to her practice and enhances the effectiveness of patient protocols.
- Oom Yung Doe Weeklong Martial Arts Training with Higher Belts, San Diego, CA
- GLP Seminar, Recognizing Complex Cases with Brian J. Peschel, Attorney at Law, Redmond, WA
- Clinical Nutrigenetics Made Simple, Kelly Heim, PhD, Nathan Morris, MD, Seattle, WA – Dr. Shinsato learned more about Methylation, Nutrition and Epigenetics (how the environment influences gene expression). This complements her molecular biology and research background and allows her to continue to provide the best care to her patients.
- CranioSacral Therapy 2, Upledger Institute, Eric Moya, LMP, CST-D, Portland, OR – Dr. Shinsato thoroughly enjoyed learning more osteopathic techniques for rebalancing our cranial bones and improving lymphatic flow and nervous system function.
- Making Clinical Excellence Your New Normal, Dr. Jeff Spencer, DC, Erchonia Seminar, Seattle, WA – Dr. Shinsato learned new protocols for treating the body with low level lasers to optimize its function and promote speedy injury recovery.
- MVC Trauma Advanced Med-Legal Seminar, Adler-Giersch Seminar with Expert Panels – A great seminar that allows us to provide better care for our patient’s recovery from their injuries sustained from motor vehicle accidents.
Principles and Practice, Documentation, Compliance and Diagnosis Coding, Sam Collins, DC, American Acupuncture Council, Seattle, WA – A yearly review with the AAC Network helps Dr. Shinsato stay on top of the latest changes in insurance policies, reimbursement and coding.
Healthy Aging, Dr. Dan Murphy, DC, Erchonia Seminar, Seattle, WA – A great seminar packed with details and research references about low-level laser therapy for traumatic brain injuries, sports medicine, injury rehab, and anti-aging approaches.
- Miasms, Temperaments and Constitutions 2, Dr. Robert Abell, ND, LAc, Toronto, ON – An amazing seminar on the power of herbal medicine, homeopathic medicine and European Biological Drainage Therapies for optimizing patient outcomes.
- Effectively Managing Your Personal Injury Cases, Insurers, and Attorneys from Start to Finish, Adler-Giersch Seminar, Bellevue, WA
- NeuroCranial Integration (NCi) Seminar, Dr. Craig Ross, Seattle, WA
Big Brand Marketing Seminar, Gerry Foster – An engaging seminar with a master of branding. It was a pleasure learning from someone so enthusiastic about branding and marketing.
Tongue Diagnosis, Giovanni Maciocia, OMD, LAc – Learning Tongue Diagnosis with a Master of Chinese Medicine was a delight for Dr. Shinsato.
Oom Yung Doe Weeklong Martial Arts Training, San Diego, CA – A great training for the body, mind and spirit. The weeklong is a time to focus, build strength and build internal qi while working on coordination, strength, while balancing the mind and body with the environment and internal changes.
Warrior Camp, Peak Potentials, Joshua Tree Retreat Center, CA – Dr. Shinsato highly recommends Peak Potentials and their personal development programs. They enable you to explore your core values, beliefs and push your boundaries for success.
Integrative Fertility Symposium, Vancouver, BC – An amazing seminar with specialists in Reproductive Medicine from Allopathic and Chinese Medicine backgrounds with the latest research and clinical insights on optimizing fertility.
AAC Network: Essential Billing and Coding Workshop – Dr. Shinsato reviewed the inner workings of insurance billing for acupuncture and manual therapy services.
Psychoneurobiology with Dr. Dietrich Klinghardt, MD, PhD – Dr. Shinsato learned more tools how to engage the body in healing with family constellation work as well as addressing illness at different emotional and spiritual levels.
Train the Trainer – Dr. Shinsato learned key points in how to effectively train and lead seminars.
Guerilla Business School – Dr. Shinsato attended an amazing personal development and business seminar with many applications for business success!
Esoteric Acupuncture with Dr. Mikio Sankey, PhD. Dr. Shinsato learned about awakening and expanding our spiritual center through sacred geometry and acupuncture.
Dr. Shinsato and Staff held an open house for patients, guests, and practitioners.
MTHFR seminar with Dr. Ben Lynch, ND. Dr. Shinsato learned more about methylation defects and how our environment and lifestyle choices can impact our gene expression.
Mastering Brain Chemistry Seminar with Dr. Glen Zielinski, DC, DACNB, FACFN, Portland, OR– Dr. Shinsato will learn key concepts of brain chemistry, recognizing patterns of imbalances, and improving clinical outcomes for neurodegenerative disorders including the role of dietary peptides and gluten sensitivity in neurological disorders, the brain-gut axis and the brain-immune axis.
Customer Appreciation and Holiday Party, 12/14/13 1-5pm. Thanks for all who came to the holiday party! We had an interactive talk from Dr. Shinsato about Acupressure where everyone learned helpful points and practiced it on a partner. Daniel Abney, LMP taught us about the importance of keeping energy in the land and space flowing freely to benefit us and the environment and Dr. Andrea Marshall shared the determinants of health from a holistic perspective engaging us to think about how we are balancing these aspects in our lives.
Dr. Shinsato attended these amazing seminars and learned great tools to implement in her practice:
- Successful Case Management of Chronic Disease Workshop, Dr. Dickson Thom, ND, DDS, Seattle, WA
- Methylation and Clinical Nutrigenomics, Individualized Medicine at Its Best, Dr. Ben Lynch, ND, Bastyr University, Kenmore, WA
Dr. Shinsato attended Fantastic After 40 by Dr. Jeannette Birnbach, DC, MSN, CCN, CN, Redmond, WA and learned about optimizing health for men and women after 40.
Dr. Shinsato attended Phytotherapy: Advanced Leaning, Research and Clinical Applications with Dr. Bruno Chacornac, MD (France), Vancouver, BC where she learned about the potency and applications of plant bud therapy.
February 2, 2013: Open House 2-6 p.m.
Dr. Shinsato and Staff held an open house for all patients, guests, and practitioners to celebrate the opening of our new space located in Redmond. Other events and courses will be held and posted on this site. Stay tuned!
- Dr. Shinsato attended Clinical Patient Evaluation: Miasms, Temperaments and Constitutions, with Dr. Robert Abell, ND, LAc, in Portland, OR where she learned tools to help patients rebalance their constitutions.
October 24, 2012, Restless Legs Syndrome, 10-11:15 a.m.
Redmond – We discussed restless legs syndrome and what steps you can take to alleviate your discomfort.
October 9, 2012, Acid Reflux/GERD, 12:45-2 p.m.
Northshore – Do you have frequent uncomfortable feelings of burning, warmth or pain just behind the breastbone? These are the main symptoms of GERD. We’ll share treatments that will make your life more comfortable.
Dr. Shinsato attended Humanity’s Greatest Threat: Advanced Modalities and Supportive Care for your Cancer Patient Workshop, with Dr. Dickson Thom, ND, DDS, in Seattle, WA.
Dr. Shinsato learned about The Evolution of Disease and Biotherapeutic Drainage for Individualized Medicine, Dr. Pierre Tondelier, MD (France), in Toronto, ON to learn the applications of the new paradigm in whole person healthcare.
September 2012: We moved!
1) Primavita Family Medicine is now located on the corner of Bel-Red Road and 156th Ave NE. We are excited to have a larger space, a conference room available for talks, meetings, events and three treatment rooms. Additionally we are pleased to welcome our esteemed colleagues: Phi Huynh, EAMP of Herban Qi Eastern Medicine and Herbs and Daniel, Abney, LMP, CST. Phi is a licensed acupuncturist and Chinese herbalist who specializes in automotive and sports injuries, gastrointestinal conditions and allergies. Daniel is a licensed massage therapist and certified Craniosacral Therapist who has over 20 years of experience with a special interest in visceral manipulation, lymphatic drainage, and helping clients reconnect with their body and accessing its full potential.
2) Dr. Shinsato attended a great seminar with a French doctor and homeopath, Dr. Pierre Tondelier: The Evolution of Disease and Biotherapeutic Drainage for Individualized Medicine in Toronto, ON
June 20, 2012, Stomach Virus, Flu or Food Poisoning? Wed, 1-2:15pm
Mill Creek Senior Center
May 28, 2012 – May 30, 2012, Visit to Syntrion, a natural supplement company
May 15, 2012 – May 20, 2012, Chinese Medicine Conference on Pediatrics and Fertility
TCM Kongress Rothenburg OdT, Germany
February 24, 2012, Stomach Virus, Flu or Food Poisoning? Fri, 12:45-2pm
Peter Kirk Community Center
February 8, 2012, Good Night, Sleep Tight, Wed, 10:00-11:15
Redmond Senior Center
December 19, 2011, Good Intestines, Mon, 11:00-12:00pm
Digestion is a crucial part of our lives. With proper digestion, we can eat a variety of foods, sleep well, and have an uncomplicated elimination process. Without it, there are issues with acid reflux, constipation, and other health challenges. Learn alternative choices for intestinal health. Kenmore Senior Center
December 16, 2011, What You Can Do About Psoriasis, Fri, 12:45-2:00pm
Discover ways to control the inflammation, redness, aching and itchiness of psoriasis and prevent secondary infections.
December 9, 2011, About Anemia: Do You Have Tired Blood? Fri, 1:30-2:30pm
This discussion will cover different types of anemia, the signs and symptoms, vitamin and mineral deficiencies to watch for, and available treatment options.
November 1, 2011, Natural Approach to Memory and Concentration, Tue, 2:00-3:00
Is it just a “senior moment” or is there another explanation? We explore brain exercises, food allergies, underlying illnesses and supplements to prevent or address memory problems. Brittany Park
November 1, 2011, Preparing for Menopause, Tue, 7-8:30pm,
Menopause is the milestone in every woman’s life that marks the end of her reproductive years. While the average age of menopause is around 50, every woman’s body has its own unique timeline. Investigate the role genetics plays on menopause, understand tips on exercise, diet, supplements and successful strategies to navigate symptom and treatment options will be examined. Evergreen Hospital
October 25, 2011, Energy Boosters – Need a Boost? Tue, 6:30-8:30pm
How do you manage your energy? Is your energy bank full, half-full or empty? Learn how to use your energy bank more efficiently, how to re-fill and boost your energy to keep you going. Explore nutrition, exercise, and how sleep can give you that extra energy you need. Evergreen Hospital
October 14, 2011, Restless Legs Syndrome, Fri, 12:45-2:00pm
Peter Kirk Community Center
August 4, 2011, Varicose Veins, 10-11am
Evergreen Hospital, DeYoung Pavillion
July 18, 2011, Doc Talk, 11-12pm
Kenmore Senior Center
July 15, 2011, Pressure Sores, 12:45-2pm
Peter Kirk Community Center
May 21, 2011, Acupressure Your Way to Better Health, 2-3pm
May 15, 2011, Brain Health Talk, 12-1pm
Snohomish County Employee Wellness Lecture
May 13, 2011, Good Intestines, 12:45-2pm
Peter Kirk Community Center
May 3, 2011, Natural Approach to Memory and Concentration, 12:45-2pm
Northshore Senior Center
April 22, 2011, Asthma and Allergies: Surviving Spring, 12:45-2pm
Peter Kirk Community Center
April 5, 2011, Asthma and Allergies: Surviving Spring, 2-3pm
April 1, 2011, UTI (Bladder Infection), 12:45-2pm
Peter Kirk Community Center
March 17, 2011, Brain Health: Hormones and Aging, 12:30-1:30
Discover the link between aging, mood, memory and mental functions. Evergreen Healthcare
March 15, 2011, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, 7-9pm
Learn a complete, holistic approach to get you feeling well again. Evergreen Hospital
March 2, 2011, Menopause, 7:00-9:00pm
Develop your personal plan with information on symptoms, hormone replacement therapy, nutrition, osteoporosis, exercise and sexuality. Evergreen Hospital
March 1, 2011, UTI (Bladder Infection) 2:00-3:00pm
Infections of the urinary tract are the second most common type of infection in the body. Learn signs, symptoms and tips to avoid infection. Brittany Park
February 14, 2011, Acid Reflux/GERD, 11:00-12:00pm
Do you have frequent uncomfortable feelings of burning, warmth, heat or pain just behind the breastbone? These are the main symptoms of GERD. We’ll share treatments that will make your life comfortable. Kenmore Senior Center
February 10, 2011, Alternative Medicine, 2:00-3:00pm
Alternative Medicine includes, but is not limited to, homeopathy, acupuncture, nutrition, herbal remedies, relaxation techniques and supplements. Learn how to apply these to your health care. Madison House
February 1, 2011, Pressure Sores, 2:00-3:00pm
As people age, the soft tissue becomes more fragile. Skin becomes thinner and less elastic, and injures more easily. Skin in this condition may easily develop a pressure sore. Learn preventive measures and how to treat a sore. Brittany Park
January 21, 2011, Melt Away Tension with Acupressure, 12:45-2:00pm
Use your fingers to melt away your tension. Join us for a fun, interactive and effective class. Acupressure your way to better health! Peter Kirk Community Center
January 20, 2011, Acid Reflux/GERD 1:00-2:30pm
Do you have frequent uncomfortable feelings of burning, warmth, heat or pain just behind the breastbone? These are the main symptoms of GERD. We’ll share treatments that will make your life more comfortable. Evergreen Hospital
January 4, 2011, Upset Stomach, A Naturopathic Approach, 2:00-3:00pm
Take a closer look at common digestive problems such as constipation, diverticulosis and hiatal hernia. Find out why they increase with age and how you can calm an upset stomach. Brittany Park
December 15, 2010, Better Bladder Health, 2:30-3:30pm
Incontinence can happen at any age and have various causes. Learn about the different types of incontinence primarily seen in women and available methods of treatment. Merrill Gardens, Kirkland
December 7, 2010, Acid Reflux/GERD, 12:45-2pm
Do you have frequent uncomfortable feelings of burning, warmth, heat or pain just behind the breastbone? These are the main symptoms of GERD. We’ll share treatments that will make your life comfortable. Northshore Senior Center
November 10, 2010, Good Night, Sleep Tight! 1:30-2:30
Are you one of more than half of adults over 55 who has trouble sleeping? Learn how aging, illness or medication can affect your sleep patterns and gFairwindshat may help you sleep through the night. Fairwinds Redmond
November 17, 2010, Are you Anxious? 2:30-3:30pm
Explore the nature of anxiety and learn proven techniques that can provide long-term relief. Merrill Gardens, Kirkland
October 25, 2010, Washington Athletic Club Health Fair, 7am-3pm
Thanks to all those who stopped by the booth to learn about Osteodenx (bone support), Lactoferrin (immune support), and how Magnetic Insoles can help improve your health!
October 22, 2010, Good Intestines, 12:45-2pm
Digestion is a crucial part of our lives. With proper digestion, we can eat a variety of foods, sleep well, and have an uncomplicated elimination process. Without it, there are issues with acid reflux, constipation, and other health challenges. Learn alternative choices for intestinal health! Peter Kirk Community Center
Dr. Shinsato attended the following engaging seminars:
1) The Assessment and Treatment of Autoimmune Diseases Using Advanced Biotherapeutic Drainage with Dr. Dick Thom, ND, DDS, Seattle WA
2) The Immune System: The Cause and Solution to Chronic Disease; Beyond Quality: Workshop on Composition, Formulation and Processing of Quality Nutritional Supplements. Dr. Nigel Plummer, PhD
Dr. Shinsato attended the American Association of Naturopathic Physicians Annual Convention, Physician Heal Thyself, Portland, OR where she made some great connections and learned about the beauty of efficacy of naturopathic medicine.
August 4, 2010, Get your Zzzz’s, 12:45-2pm
Come and learn some simple tips to improve the quality of your sleep. Maltby Church Primetime Group.
July 24, 2010
Dr. Shinsato attended a German Biological Medicine Seminar in Portland, OR to learn how PEKANA remedies help balance the physical, mental and emotional terrain of an individual.
July 16, 2010
Dr. Shinsato attended a Xymogen training on Improving Clinical Outcomes in Seattle, WA. She’s excited to bring in some new products that will help improve patient outcomes.
July 16, 2010, Living with Parkinson’s, 12:45-2pm
An informational lecture on redefining wellness for Parkinson’s patients. Peter Kirk Community Center, Kirkland
July 9, 2010, Building a Healthy Body from the Inside Out, 12:45-2pm
Do you struggle with getting the daily requirements into your diet? Learn easy techniques and methods for sneaking in those vital nutrients and appropriate vitamin supplements. Recipes included. Peter Kirk Community Center, Kirkland
Apr 24, 2010, 11:30am
Nikken Wellness Preview in Bothell followed by a BBQ! Learn how Nikken can support your wellness in the 5 pillars of health (healthy body, healthy mind, healthy families, healthy finances, healthy community). Call Dr. Shinsato 425-273-0741 or email for directions. For more info please visit: http://www.nikken.com/primavita. See you there!
Mar 28, 2010
Dr. Shinsato gave a talk about Hot Flashes at Pharmaca’s Healthy Menopause Day. Many women were grateful to learn about natural alternatives for addressing this issue and were encouraged to seek additional help from a health care provider who can tailor a treatment plan for their individual needs.
Weight Watchers Open House, Redmond, WA. Thanks to all the participants who stopped by our booth!
Nov 18, 2009
Healthy Digestion lecture at Pharmaca Integrative Pharmacy. Participants learned basic causes of digestive problems and learned simple herbal and lifestyle tips to improve their health.
Aug 28, 2009
Dr. Shinsato enjoyed meeting local moms and their kids at the Natural Mom and Baby Day at Pharmaca. She presented lectures to attentive moms and their babies on How to Boost Your Child’s Immune System, Natural Remedies for Allergies, and DHA’s and Brain Health.
Aug 9, 2009
Chinese Medicine 101. An introduction to the ancient and effective medical system of the East. Participants engaged in a lively discussion of Chinese Herbs for Health as well as learned some principles of Chinese Medicine.
Columbia Athletic Health Fair, Kirkland. Thanks to all for stopping by our booth!
May 17, 2008
Bastyr University Herb Garden Guild presentation: Flower Essences: Gentle Guides for Our Daily Journeys. Flower Essences are wonderful tools to help us navigate our daily journeys. This presentation included a brief history on flower essences and what emotional layers they can help one to address. These are effective remedies that are safe to use with kids, pets, and with herbal supplements or medications.
The meeting started with a meditation on Iris Versicolor (Blue Flag) with participants sharing their insights and experience. Iris is known for helping one to experience the joy in life. It also encourages creativity and self-expression.
Remarks from a participant, “Thank you again for your wonderful presentation this past Saturday. Your talk really was one of the most engaging we have had since I came to BU 8 months ago.” -Ashley Petty, Bastyr University Development Associate
What would you like to do next? Click one of the links below:
|Looking for a Naturopathic Solution||Find out how we can help you|
|What to do next||Make an appointment|