If you have never had acupuncture before, here are some tips to help you feel more comfortable before your first visit.
- Be sure to eat something light an hour or two before treatment. Try to avoid arriving on an empty stomach or after a large meal.
- Try to avoid the intake of caffeine and pain medication for a few hours before you arrive.
- Wear loose comfortable clothing.
- Write down any questions you may have for the doctor.
- Use the bathroom. It can be uncomfortable to lay on a table with needles and relax if you really have to go to the bathroom. We always ask our patients before a treatment, but it is a good idea to take care of this before you enter the treatment room.